Marine Senior Consultant
Location: Glasgow / Edinburgh
GoBe Consultants Ltd is a market leading environmental and planning consultancy specialising in the provision of services to the offshore wind farm sector. Due to continued expansion in our project portfolio, GoBe is now undertaking further growth of our business through the recruitment of experienced, highly motivated Offshore EIA / HRA / Marine Ecology Specialists.
GoBe specialise in providing high quality, environmental and planning advice to blue chip companies with a particular focus on the offshore wind farm development sector where we have provided advice to over 35 projects representing over 30GW of capacity both in UK and non-UK waters. Our work includes the provision of advice across the full range of project phases (from site selection / feasibility, through the EIA and consenting process, and for NSIPs during examination, and during the post consent, project execution phase).
GoBe are exceptionally well positioned as a leading environmental advisory firm in the offshore wind farm sector with an existing and developing workload on ongoing Round 3 offshore wind and recent extension projects, and can offer opportunities in the current Round 4, ScotWind leasing processes and Irish markets – it is a very exciting time to join our business.
Offshore EIA / HRA and Marine Ecology Specialist roles at GoBe Consultants Ltd will provide you with the opportunity to work on and be involved in some of the largest and most exciting development projects in the UK and Irish energy sectors, managing and contributing to the offshore components of consent applications and the management of consent compliance for multi-billion pound infrastructure projects. We are specifically looking for candidates with a marine or coastal EIA and / or HRA background who can bring existing offshore EIA delivery experience or a strong offshore or marine sciences technical background to apply to our existing and future project portfolio.
- Contribution to and project management of offshore related workstreams, particularly in relation to offshore wind farm projects (e.g. site selection and offshore cable route optioneering studies, EIA and / or HRA preparation and management, consent application and post consent compliance);
- The project management and delivery of EIA and / or HRA for, or specialist technical input to, offshore wind farm projects;
- Providing technical advice and strategic direction to our clients; and
- Contributing to and/or leading on stakeholder liaison in support of our clients.
Key skills and capabilities
- An established track record of providing EIA and / or HRA for major offshore infrastructure development projects in the UK (in offshore renewables or other marine development sector), with a minimum of 3 years of relevant experience;
- Chartered member of a relevant professional organisation (or working towards such accreditation);
- Educated to at least degree level, but preferably MSc level, in a relevant offshore, marine sciences discipline;
- Excellent written and oral communication, organisational and time management skills;
- A professional manner with strong inter-personal skills, with an ability to communicate at all levels;
- Working knowledge of the EIA and / or HRA process and the technical assessments underpinning offshore consenting work;
- Experience of working within the planning process, ideally in England, Wales, Scotland, Northern Ireland and/or the Republic of Ireland; and
- Experience working with, or understanding of, key regulators and stakeholders.
GoBe offers flexible working with offices in south Devon and central Glasgow (and remote options considered for exceptional candidates), we offer industry competitive salaries commensurate with experience, with associated benefits. We value the wellbeing of our staff and this is reflected in our flexible working conditions and desirable office locations.
To apply, please e-mail your CV and a covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.