We’ve watched the renewables industry go from strength to strength and are delighted to be playing a part in the journey to net zero. We’ve been involved in over 70% of the UK’s offshore wind farms and 30GW of offshore wind capacity worldwide.
This year, we’ve applied our in-depth knowledge of the consenting process to some of the UK’s flagship projects, as well as projects in Irish waters and further afield. Here are some of the team’s notable successes:
- Strategic consenting support through the bid process in the latest round of floating offshore wind in the Celtic Sea
- Supported the Examination work for Hornsea Project Four Offshore Wind Farm, the first to include a derogation case at the point of application and providing support on the compensation measures proposed
- Assisted Outer Dowsing Offshore Wind in the production and publication of the Scoping Report, marking another important milestone following approval of the Plan Level Habitats Regulation Assessment process
- Led the consent application for RWE’s Awel y Môr OWF project, which was accepted by the Planning Inspectorate in May and is now half way through its examination
- Various successes with ScotWind including Caledonia scoping
- Supported projects throughout the UK with the early stage of projects with feasibility assessments and Environmental Impact Assessments, as well as post-consent compliance support
2022 was the year of ‘getting back out there’ for many. GoBe team members exhibited at global events, attended and featured in webinars and contributed to public consultation events, both in person and virtually. We inspired the next generation with visits to schools and universities, talking to students about careers in environmental consultancy including marine impact assessment and marine biology. Follow us on LinkedIn to find out where our team will be popping up next!
In May, we joined the APEM Group, which allowed us to broaden our offer to new and existing clients and new territories. APEM and GoBe have collaborated many times in the past, so this move was a meeting of skills and minds, strengthening both companies and the services we can both offer.
We also increased our headcount to nearly 50 staff, with new starters in our Glasgow and Devon offices, and team members moving over to us from other companies in the APEM Group. If you’re interested in a career with us, keep checking our vacancies page. We’d love to have you on board!
We’ve already got plans and projects in place for 2023, so stay tuned for more exciting developments. In the meantime, we wish all of our clients, the team and the wider Group a very happy Christmas and a prosperous New Year.
Image caption: Some of the GoBe team celebrating with APEM Group’s board director, Dr Stuart Clough back in May